cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service Desk- Queues

Asha Singh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2020

Hi there,

We are new to the JIRA service desk. And currently creating separate queues for separate teams (Sales, Success, Support). So far able to create queues with particular tags with no issues. So, for now, all the queries(user) are coming to New/Unassigned queue and from there we are adding a tag and moving those to the respective queue (Sales, Support). There are a couple of questions here :

1. Even though we are moving the query to the diff queue, one copy remains in the Unassigned queue?

2. We don't see an option for the queries directly moving to the respective Queue on the basis of the option a user selects at the time of raising the query. Like if there are two options: Contact us about a. Sales Support b. Product support (These contain two separate emails). Once a user selects the Sales option it should move to Sales Queue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

Hello Asha_Singh,

1. What shows in the "queues" is based simply on issue filters. Your Unassigned queue will show all tickets that are Unassigned, regardless of the other information in the ticket. This is not a copy of the ticket. Queues are just filters showing different groupings of tickets.

2. If the users are creating issue by sending emails, you can set up Automation rules to review the new tickets and, based on the content, automatically set the "tags" (as you called them) appropriately, which would then cause them to be displayed in the correct queue.

There is a documentation set for Automation for JIRA. I suggest you start there, and if you end up with questions about that then post those questions.

If any of the above is unclear, please let me know and I'll provide more details.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events