Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Insight and Cloud Integration

Yamin Zakaria April 9, 2022

Hi

We have JIRA DataCenter running on AWS EC2 instance. How can I get the VM to auotmatically populate the JIRA Insight Asset Management. 

One solution I have seen is JIRA Insight Discovery, however not sure how flexible this tool is as one of our needs is to populate the dynmaic nodes in a K8 Cluster or Dynamic instances behind a Load Balancer/AutoScaling.

I have tried to use the import tools but that pulls everything and no way to import only the information that I need.

Regards

Yamin

1 answer

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Yamin Zakaria 

Welcome to the community 😀

Here's how you can bring different assets into Jira insight

https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/insight-integrations-1085180715.html

There are specific tutorials for each type of assets

Let me know the exact requirement from where you need to import the assets 

Here's the quick overview of what can be imported into insights

https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/data-collected-by-discovery-1085180704.html

Thanks,

Pramodh

Yamin Zakaria April 9, 2022

HI

Thank you for the answer. I had a look at the GCP and like the AWS it imports everything.
Whereass I need only certain assets - VM, Load Balancers (Instance Groups and AutoScale Groups) for dynamic nodes.  I do not need VPC or storage etc.

Also, once I am able to import the right data that needs to be constantly synchronised, so that is the data is deleted in the cloud then it should also be deleted from Jira Insight.

Regards

Yamin

Yamin Zakaria April 14, 2022

HI

I am looking at the AWS and the following instruction at number 4 is confusing.
What role and what trusted relationship that needs to be changed and where/how?

4. Create an SSM policy and role

To get detailed attributes for the EC2 instance, you need to have the SSM-Agent installed on the EC2 instance and create an SSM role and attach them to your instances.

1. Create a policy.
  2. Select JSON and paste the JSON text from the following file: SSM-Role-Policy-Permissions.json
  3. Save the policy, for example as "Insight SSM role".
  4. Change the Trusted Relationships for the role to the following JSON: SSM-Role-Trust-relationships.json

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events