cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue working with organizations

eli.l September 9, 2020

Hi, 

Trying to use organizations but getting some error messages:

1) When trying to add a new organization I get an error :  "We're having trouble. Check your connection and try again."

2) Cannot find a way to existing users to an existing organization

3 answers

0 votes
eli.l September 21, 2020

Hi,

Yes, I had this problem before where the add-organization button was not even visible to me.

The Jira admin has since given me permissions and he also cannot understand why I get an error when I try to add a new organization.

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

Thank you for the details, Eli. The error 403 is related to permission. 

What is your role in the project?

Can you confirm with the project administrator if the role you are part of was added to "Service Desk Agent" permission?

I would suggest for the project administrator to add you only to the "Administrators" or "Service Desk Team" role in the project to make sure you have the correct permissions.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2020

Hello @eli.l,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if you are facing this issue when creating a new organization or when adding customers to an organization.

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and check on the console if it shows any other error when you follow those steps?

Also, confirm with your Jira administrator if you have permission to manage organizations. They can check this information on Cog icon > Products > Configuration.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 14.41.31.png

Regards,
Angélica

eli.l September 17, 2020

Hi 

I have trouble both to create a new organization and to add customers to existing organizations.

When I try to create a new organization I get this:

\[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (invite, line 0)

thanks

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2020

@eli.l,

I saw that I answered one of your questions back in May and it was a permission issue. 

I do not see an "Add Organization" button under CUSTOMERS - all I have is "Add Customer"

Can you please confirm with your administrator if they didn't remove this permission again?

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

@eli.l Do re-indexing and then try.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events