Issue with User Picker field

Céline Manca April 20, 2020

Hi all!

I've created a "Service Request with approval" and added a customs field in order to select the approvers of this request.

When I create the request from the portal, I'm able to load the list of users to approve it :

Portal.png

But when I create the Service Request from Jira, I can't load any user and I have this strange number populating automatically :

Jira Service Desk.png

One of my colleague is also admin on the project and doesn't have the issue. We have checked the permissions and nothing is different on my side.

Any idea what could be the issue ?

Thanks for your help!

Céline

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2020

Celine,

If you are creating a new Jira Service Desk issue you should use the raise a request feature and not the create issue button.  Raise a request can be found in the left hand navigation of the service desk project.  Try that and see if all of the fields work properly.

Céline Manca April 21, 2020

Hi Brant,

Thanks for your answer !

When using the raise a request feature it's working fine.

What I find strange is that it's working with the  create issue button for my colleague who has the same rights:

User picker.png

the field is showing the possible user to approve the request.

Could this be a bug ?

Thanks!

Céline

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

I doubt it is a bug.  Probably a permission somewhere (Issue, Project, Application) or browser issue.  Did you ensure that everything is the same across the application?

Céline Manca April 23, 2020

Hi again,

It was indeed a permission issue, thanks for help!

Céline

RamR June 2, 2020

Hi there, what permissions did you fix for this?

GK July 24, 2020

@Céline Manca what permission you have set to fix this issue?

I have created custom field with (multiple user picker list) - JIRA version(8.7.1) on server

it's not populating users list as you see below screenshot, it's locked and it says

JIRA-userpicker.JPG

GK July 24, 2020

Above issue reported by me is resolved now and it's related to permission

John Leonard May 5, 2022

What was the fix?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin