Issue with Organizations / Service Desk Organisations

Matthew Underwood May 2, 2019

Hi,

I need a way searching for JIRA items where the Organizations AND Service Desk Organisation fields are EMPTY / NULL / BLANK - however you want to put it.

I'm sure that the following JQL used to work but it no longer brings back any information.

project = "ISSCC" AND labels in (ISSUE, BUG) AND created >= 2018-01-01 AND "Service Desk Organisation" IS EMPTY

If I run "Service Desk Organisation" IS EMPTY on it's own I do get results just not when combined with other filters. This is no good for me.

I am using JIRA v7.13.1

I have never however, been able to figure out how to search for Organizations that have nothing entered.

When adding this in JIRA all I get are the following four options:

=

!=

not in

in

See attached. Default options.JPGUsing IS.JPG

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Matt Underwood.

4 answers

7 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

Try Organization = empty. I was surprised it worked for me TBH as I would have expected the proper syntax to be “is”

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

Wow Jack, I've spent the last two years wondering why Organizations is EMPTY didn't work.  But Organizations = EMPTY does!  That is not proper JQL but it works.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

bizarre right! i think i will check JAC and open one if not there. a bit of a nit but geez. :-(

Matthew Underwood May 2, 2019

Many, many thanks Jack - really grateful for your help with that and good to see that the solution has helped Susan too!

Now, because I want the moon on a stick(!) can you also help with the "Service Desk Organisation" issue I also have?

I have a filter with a few simple bits of JQL:

project = "BLAH" AND created >= 2018-01-01

I have then created a Rich filter and one of the static filters is:

"Service Desk Organisation" is EMPTY

When I run this through the Rich Filter Controller gadget in a dashboard I get no results.

When I run the same JQL separately I do get results - 6,753 of them.

With results.JPG

When I add in further JQL to the above query it also returns 0 results. Unfortunately I know there are plenty of Critical issues in our JIRA project!

No results.JPG

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matt.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

Hi Matt,

JQL should be "Organizations" = EMPTY

Try that

Susan

Aman Sharma February 7, 2021

JQL is Organizations in (EMPTY)

Thomas August 29, 2021

Such wow... 2021 and this is still a thing. Would be great to get this fixed and align with the rest of the JQL syntax...

1 vote

Organizations in (EMPTY)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

?

Nils Boe Eriksen December 18, 2021

Yup, that syntax works

0 votes
Will_y_ De Vos January 26, 2021

Hi all,

any suggestions on how I filter on a combination of the following situation?

Display a list of all tickets that are NOT belonging to organizations "X" & "Y" and are NOT "Empty". Sometimes it happens that the "organization" is not filled in when the reporter has a free domain address.

I'm struggling with the combination...

Thanks for your feedback.

@Will_y_ De Vos , 

Please try this 

Organizations not in (EMPTY) AND Organizations !="X" AND Organizations != "Y"

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

thanks. i open a support ticket as i didn't find anything for cloud. i will update the request w/ that info as they may wish to simply extend that for cloud.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

and now there is a cloud variant - JSDCLOUD-8107

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2019

And Atlassian linked them super quick!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events