Issue opening with E-mail request but not seen in queue, why?

İsmail Özçelik November 13, 2020

When I send an e-mail to my service desk, issue opened and I get an e-mail about it. If I click to link inside e-mail, I can access to issue. However the issue not seen anywhere, not in any queue.

This also same for opening issue from portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

The queue will only show what is specified in the filter/queue.  Please check the queue and see if you are possibly filtering out the new issues by specifying a issue type or request type, status, etc.

There is no filter. I create new one but still same.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Can you share a screen shot of an issue and the queue?

I found the problem. Status category effect this. If I remove all categories, it is working but if I select category not working even category is true.todo category.pngcategories.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

Can you use status instead of status category and see if this makes a difference.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

Can you also share a full view of the queues JQL or filter?  I would like to look and make sure that there is not a conflict.

I add basic and jql queries. I use custom status in Jira (not service desk), so I want to use same statuses here. I think there is a bug. I am not sure but may be Turkish chars effect this.statuscategoryjql.pngstatuscategorybasic.png

In next gen service desk, I know only one place to change status category. It is inside workflow. Is there anywhere else to look?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

If you use Status instead of Status Category does that change anything?

If I use statuses, it is work. However I have multiple statuses for each status category. And it will nice if this work.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

I took a look at a couple of test instances that I have setup.  This seems to be a field that is populated and used by Next-Gen projects.  If your service desk is not next-gen then it looks like this is not available.  

I use next-gen project. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

Please display status category in as one of the queues fields and let me know what is in it?

At previous images, I add status category and status image inside workflow. Any where else to get this status and status category?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2020

You are showing status.  Can you add Status category to the list of fields that is displayed.  Please just add it next to status in the columns.

İsmail Özçelik November 14, 2020

I got the point. Why is that no category? How can I set a category? (In workflow, the Status shown in right category)nocategory.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2020

Can you confirm you are in a next-gen project.  When you go to the project settings does it say next-gen in the lower left hand corner?

I am very sure. I am in next gen project. Because it is writing that You are in next-gen project. I mentioned that before. 

I think you do not believe me. So I add screenshot. SmartSelect_20201114-202923_Chrome.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2020

Thanks, how many request types do you have?  Is this happening on all of them?

I have 4 request types plus e-mail request type. Except one of them, all request types uses same workflow.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Is the one that uses a different workflow the one that displays the status category?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events