Issue ID Field being added to CSV (Current Fields) and should not be. How do I remove it?

Andrew Kennedy July 13, 2017

After upgrading from JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10 to 3.5.2, the Export of CSV (Current Fields) is adding the Issue ID Field to the file, even though the columns do not list it even as an available column to select.

It shows up in the second column.

1 answer

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Its part of "Key" column. If you remove "Key" you will see the issue ID also is not present. 

What if I need the key in the Export?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

When you get the CSV file downloaded locate the column you dont need select the letter at the top then right click and choose "Delete" It will remove the entire column and shift the data over for you without any tedious edits being needed. 

I am attempting to automate the process of generating a CSV Export from JIRA Service Desk.  Opening the export file in Excel, and manipulating the data is not a viable option.

Any other thoughts?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

Whats your end goal for exporting the tickets? 

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

We use RSS feeds and HipChat integration to monitor tickets and updates if your looking to do something like that....

The current process is to use a saved filter that we created, Use the Export CSV (Current Fields) option, and save the file, and it is then emailed to a group.

I would like to automate this process with a Cron Job to generate the export, and send the email on a daily basis. 

We are currently looking at Addons to help us with the process, but the fields in the file have to be:

Key,Summary,Created,Reporter,Assignee,Status,Resolved

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2017

Instead I would add a dashboard with that "Filter Result" gadget. Then setup subsciptions to that board. IF they need to export it they can click the Total issue # at the bottom of the gadget to navigate to the export screen. 

We use an addon called "AIO (All-In-One Reports)" to build out reports and then setup Cron job subscriptions. 

Our reports are about the SLA in the service desk and how close tickets are to breaching the SLA, but the addon can report on just about any out of box or custom field. 

The people that would receive the emailed report dont have access to JIRA.

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2017

The report AIO sends doesnt require Jira Acess. Also, no license required for things like RSS feeds. 

Nisha Viswanathan August 9, 2022

Even if I don't have the column "Key" in the filter, when I export CSV (current fields) - Assignee ID field is displayed. Is there any other solution to avoid having the Assignee ID field?

Donald P Bouchard February 7, 2023

Jira should only export the columns that are selected.  I have found that exporting sub-selections of my project sometimes include the columns "Issue Id" (undesired) and "Parent Id" (also undesired), and sometimes neither of them.  This is silly behavior.  Jira should export the columns I am asking for, not the ones Jira thinks I might want.  Moreover, these two columns aren't even shown in the Columns selection field, so I couldn't include or exclude them even if I wanted to.  I suspect the "Assignee Id" field is also not shown in the Columns selection field. One original thought I had to work around this silly situation was to include them explicitly so that each of my CSV exports would have the same number of columns in them.  Sadly, not an option as they're not selectable.  Please adjust the behavior to only export the explicitly selected columns!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events