Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any common id to resolve and reopen the jira issue via rest API.

MURALI SARAVANAN M September 10, 2020

Every time getting the transition of the issue and filtering the id and again updating is difficult. And also there are different transition names, so filtering is difficult from issue to issue.

1 answer

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Hi @MURALI SARAVANAN M 

When you create a transition in workflow, system generates new id. Let's say that "Resolve issue" transition id is 10. This number never changes for the issues which use same workflow. Can you please clarify what is the main problem?

Regards

MURALI SARAVANAN M September 11, 2020

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz , 

Thanks for the reply. My question is if i want to resolve or reopen the issue , do i have any common id for all the issue regardless of project to resolve it or reopen it. For example, status category is fixed with id=3 for "done" ,Like wise do we have any common id which wont change. With this category id we can't change the resolution.

I'm asking this because , every time if i need to resolve the issue,i need to get the transition for the issue and then i need to search for transition id for "Resolve" or "Resolve the issue" and so on.Then i need to use that id to resolve the issue.And the name of the resolution is also changing with respect to issue type ..i.e, "Resolve" in one issue type, "Resolve the issue" in another issue type, "Close" in another one, "Done" in one type, "Close the issue" in one type.

Lets make it simple, i just need to change the Resolution to "Unresolved" and "Resolved" when ever i needed, do we have any API to make this other than transition API'sScreenshot (879).png

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

There is no common id unfortunately. If there are different workflows with different resolve id's, you have to set the related transition id in REST API in order to resolve that issue. Same for re-open.

Tip 1: It is possible to copy workflow then transition id's will remain same.

Tip 2: It could be easier if you change all transition names in different workflows as "Resolve". Then you make your first request and identify the resolve transition easily with common name and make the second request.

Thanks and one more doubt. For Asset management plug in should be used right?And that too is available is trial version or not?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events