Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to triage service desk issues to a queue based on a customers' location?

Mary Malin August 12, 2020

We are using HubSpot CRM.

We are a global company with 3 distinct regions (USA, UK and AUS).

We need to reroute tickets the appropriate team based on a customers region (stored in HS).

We are interested in having 1 service desk project with 3 region based queue.

Please advise

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

the only option I can think of is to have a custom field that the customer would select their region when the issue is created.

hmmm that implies we are using forms, currently our customers email us directly. That option will not work when using email.

CRM integration works well as it automatically links the HubSpot customer data to the support ticket however it is only displaying the values not storing the data.  The data values we need are there but I can't see a way to use this info in any queries.

Ideally it would be amazing if based on the CRM integration we could us the customers region to redirect which queue the need to go to.

Any ideas would you have would be very much appreciated. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Correct that solution only would work with portal/forms. I don’t use Hubspot but would have to imagine you would need to be able to pull the data from the CRM based upon the user and include in a custom field so that the JQL defining the queue could resolve the region.

i did find this page which might prove useful to you - activate-your-jira-cloud-integration-for-hubspot/? 

Yes thanks. We've already actioned that page. 

Can you recommend at way for us "to pull the data from the CRM based upon the user and include in a custom field in JIRA" at the time of ticket creation?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2020

You would need to develop this using the APIs between the two apps. Here is a link to the Jira developer page - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/ 

also, a quick google yielded this - automate.io-hubspot-jira 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events