Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to tag automatically issues which were linked to Intercom conversations?

Lucía Achigar August 17, 2022

Hi! 

I'd like to know if there's a way to apply tag automatically to our JIRA issues when we link them to conversations in Intercom. We have set up the integration, but it doesn't do it automatically. 

2 answers

0 votes
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hey @Lucía Achigar  

I am Tobias from ToolsPlus, developer of the Intercom integration for Jira.

Unfortunately, tagging an issue when it is linked is currently not possible. Contrary to what Alex mentioned above, links are not actually stored in an issue field, so you can not use the suggested automation idea.

May I ask why you would like to tag issues with linked conversations? Maybe there are other ways to address your requirements.

For example, if you would like to find issues of a particular project with linked conversations, you could use the following JQL query: 

project = ENG AND linkedIntercomConversationId IS NOT EMPTY

Or, if you are looking for Jira issues linked to a particular conversation id you could use the following query:

linkedIntercomConversationId = 42

Feel free to have a look at the searching and reporting documentation for more examples and details. Please note that there are also issue fields that display the number of linked conversations or the linked conversation ids if that's useful to your use case (unfortunately, you cannot use Jira automation to listen to changes to these fields and trigger actions).

I hope this helps.

Lucía Achigar August 18, 2022

Hi, Tobias

Thank you for your reply. I'll cc @Claudia Lena here who's in charge of the Jira part of this. 

Like Tobias Binna likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Lucía Achigar  

I haven't experiment with Intercom and its integration with Jira. However, if this happens on the cloud version, I would expect that the app in use, would use a field to do all the work. My two cents would be:

• to search for that specific field
  • see if issues which are linked with an intercom conversation have this field as not empty.
  • If the above statement is true, then I would create a rule listening to the change of that field. If that field changed and is not empty, then place an "X" label on that issue

All the above of course would work, only in the case of such field.

Alex

Lucía Achigar August 18, 2022

Thank you! We'll see if this is a workaround for us!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events