Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show exact date and time?

Marrie Puckett July 23, 2019

I would like to see exact date and time for comments, ticket creations etc. We are on the cloud version. I looked around but didn't see any answers to this. Please advise.

1 answer

4 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2019

Hi Marrie,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Currently, on Jira Cloud, when we add a comment or create a ticket, it will not show the absolute date and time, if it was created/added less or equal 7 days ago, it will not show the date and time, but "yesterday", "two days ago".
When the ticket or the comment was added 7 days ago or more, it will show the exact date and time.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the absolute date and time:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Glenn Gilbert March 3, 2020

This is a totally useless feature.  What's the point of having an audit trail when you can't see the date and time.

Could you please stop trying (and failing) to be clever in dumbing down the interface and making it unusable in the process.  Like the useless "new" editor that doesn't work;  thank goodness there's the old view.  Pity that the "new" view can't be turned off.

Like # people like this

Oh,  and add your own votes for this.  It's not Twitter;  do your jobs properly in the first place.

Like # people like this

Just seen the date and time for the original post. 

So you've ignored it.

Great.

Like # people like this
Gauthier de Spa March 31, 2020

Hi,

Showing time is much more pertinent for e.g. a ticket created "yesterday" as it can be 1 hour or 20 hours ago (20 fold!), while it is less pertinent for a ticket created or updated more than a week ago. Please always show time regarding recent updates! I can't even find it in History or any other tab! :(

Regards,
Gauthier

Like # people like this
Benjamin Bridgeman September 25, 2020

This seems like a VERY rudimentary function to simply ignore improving for 6 years. Sadly, Atlassian seems interested in pursuing feeble UI "improvements" instead of providing useful, requested information in UI. Ah well, I guess I added my vote, not that I have any confidence that it won't go unnoticed for another 6 years...  

Like # people like this
Matthew Warren July 29, 2022

I came here for answers and, after reading the comments, leaving even more infuriated by this.

Having a system setting in Jira to toggle between Lego and Duplo time setting would be great!

Like # people like this
Benjamin Bridgeman August 12, 2022

Looks like we've officially been welcomed to drop Atlassian and move to other task management apps. Cool: Screenshot 2022-08-12 114528.png

Metallkiller August 11, 2023

2023 checking in, still have to hover over each damn "time" stamp in my activity stream :(

Like Jaracah Caldwell likes this
Junkert September 18, 2023

It looks like this has been implemented finally. You can access the real date and time by hovering your mouse pointer over or clicking on the "yesterday" or "last week" dates.

Metallkiller October 2, 2023

The hovering was implemented before, but it's incredibly tedious having to hover over each timestamp.

I found a way to hack this in using Stylus (or any other CSS injection extension) though:

```
.livestamp::before {
content: attr(title);
white-space: nowrap;
}

.livestamp {
visibility: hidden;
position: relative;
min-width: 100px;
height: 1.2em;
line-height: 1.2em;
display: inline-block
}

.livestamp::before {
visibility: visible;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
line-height: 1.2em;
}
```

Edit: Sorry can't figure out how to format the code, neither ``` nor <pre> nor {code} work.

Like # people like this
AmiraKSEI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 8, 2024

Seems like this is implemented now.. I clicked on the relative timestamp text in the comment, then suddenly all of the timestamp comments became absolute. Or maybe this question talks about another product?

Like Michael Blakesley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events