• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to show exact date and time?

I would like to see exact date and time for comments, ticket creations etc. We are on the cloud version. I looked around but didn't see any answers to this. Please advise.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Marrie,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Currently, on Jira Cloud, when we add a comment or create a ticket, it will not show the absolute date and time, if it was created/added less or equal 7 days ago, it will not show the date and time, but "yesterday", "two days ago".
When the ticket or the comment was added 7 days ago or more, it will show the exact date and time.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the absolute date and time:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

This is a totally useless feature.  What's the point of having an audit trail when you can't see the date and time.

Could you please stop trying (and failing) to be clever in dumbing down the interface and making it unusable in the process.  Like the useless "new" editor that doesn't work;  thank goodness there's the old view.  Pity that the "new" view can't be turned off.

Like # people like this

Oh,  and add your own votes for this.  It's not Twitter;  do your jobs properly in the first place.

Like # people like this

Just seen the date and time for the original post. 

So you've ignored it.

Great.

Like # people like this

Hi,

Showing time is much more pertinent for e.g. a ticket created "yesterday" as it can be 1 hour or 20 hours ago (20 fold!), while it is less pertinent for a ticket created or updated more than a week ago. Please always show time regarding recent updates! I can't even find it in History or any other tab! :(

Regards,
Gauthier

Like # people like this

This seems like a VERY rudimentary function to simply ignore improving for 6 years. Sadly, Atlassian seems interested in pursuing feeble UI "improvements" instead of providing useful, requested information in UI. Ah well, I guess I added my vote, not that I have any confidence that it won't go unnoticed for another 6 years...  

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you