Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to restrict users from logging in to their Atlassian personal/consumer account?

f14mav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 3, 2023

We want to restrict our users from logging in to their personal/consumer Atlassian account while in our company network. We are looking into migrating to Atlassian cloud and this is a show stopper for us if we cannot restrict it. 

We will need to allow uploads to Atlassian cloud and if we open this up, there is a risk it will be a data exfiltration route if users have their own Atlassian account.

Any advise/tip is appreciated.

thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2023

@f14mav -

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately user's Atlassian accounts are managed by Atlassian and the user themselves.

The only way that you can control the user accounts are implementing Atlassian Access setup (separate paid service), where you can control and implement your company's IDP setup.  Once you setup Atlassian Access, then you will be able to control user accounts with the ability to specify your company's own user accounts (using your company's identity provider setup) against your cloud env.

Here are the reference links on Atlassian Access -  

https://www.atlassian.com/software/access

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-atlassian-access/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/access/pricing

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

f14mav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Thank you Joseph for your response. I think Atlassian Access Setup will only control logins  when the users are using our company email address. It will have no visibility to logins using consumer email addresses (e.g. gmail.com or yahoo.com).

Ideally, what i am looking for is like what Gsuite has. They have a header we can add using our proxy or firewalls "X-GoogApps-Allowed-Domains" and this allows us to lockdown the logins to our company email address domain. Do you know if this is in Atlassians road map? We cannot open uploads to atlassian at the moment if we cannot lock down access to our tenancy only.

thanks.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2023

@f14mav -

Via Atlassian Access, you can use your own IDP and implement SSO against your IDP to access your Atlassian site.  Thus, if the account is not part of your own IDP, then he/she will not be able to access your site.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Narayan Akhade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 13, 2024

@f14mav 

Did you find the solution to this?

We are having the same issue. Whilst on the company network, we want to restrict users to only login via SSO, and block any other access via personal or other company accounts ? 

Thanks

Narayan

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2024

@f14mav -

If you setup Atlaassian Access, then it will enforce your own SSO IDP setup.  

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events