Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to remove the 'help center' link on the portal screen?

Emmanuel Gruffy January 16, 2020

I have a created a new service-desk project for a customer of ours, and while QAing the flow (Incognito) I found that on the landing page (the portal) client can potentially view other service-desk projects that shouldn't be visible, by clicking the 'help center' link

see screenshots attached, our customer in this case is Unilever, and when they click 'help center' they see our overall service-desk projects that exists (you can another customer there - Schneider). 

so my question is actually holding another question possibly:

1- Is there a way to remove altogether the 'help center' link from the service-desk portal?

2- in case the answer to question 1 is 'no' then is there a way to configure the 'help center' page itself so that other projects are not visible at all?

thanks so much for reviewing this in advance, your product is truly awesome!

Service_Desk_Portal.jpg

Help_Center.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello Emmanuel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! Thank you a lot for your feedback about Jira Service desk and the detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve.

You can completely hide a specific project from the portal by performing the following steps:

1 - Navigate to the project > Project settings > Permissions > Actions > Edit

2 - Remove the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" from the Browse Projects permission

Just have in mind that the steps above will completely remove the Service desk project for all customers in the portal, allowing only internal Agents to see it.

Now, if you are looking for a way to hide specific Service Desk projects only for specific customers that are accessing the Portal, I'm afraid it is not possible in Jira SD. Basically, All the SD projects are grouped together in the same portal, so there's no way to configure the Unilever customer to only be able to see the Unilever project, while the "Apple" customer can only see the Apple project. We created the following feature request to get this functionality implemented:

Having An Option To Show/Hide SD Project On Customer Portal Help Center 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Emmanuel Gruffy January 19, 2020

Hi Petter,

Thanks so much for finding time and effort to answer! 

If I could just confirm that I understood correctly - so there is actually no way to hide other service-desk projects from incognito users that clicks the 'help-center' right? this will be hidden only for internal agents?

this brings me to another thought -> If supposedly I create a different permission scheme for my service-desk project, so that each service-desk project has its own scheme, would this isolate each service-desk project also for incognito users or wouldn't it? 

thanks again for your time Petter this is very helpful

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello Emmanuel,

You are welcome!

Check below the answers to your new questions:

so there is actually no way to hide other service-desk projects from incognito users that clicks the 'help-center' right? this will be hidden only for internal agents?

Indeed, there is no way to hide specific Service desk projects only for incognito users. In fact, you can only allow or not allow incognito access to your Portal, which is applied to all your projects.

P.S: The steps suggested in my previous answer would block all the customers (Logged or not) from seeing a specific project, although agents will still be able to access them.

This brings me to another thought -> If supposedly I create a different permission scheme for my service-desk project, so that each service-desk project has its own scheme, would this isolate each service-desk project also for incognito users or wouldn't it? 

By default, all Service Desk projects are created with a separate permission scheme, unless you manually configured them to use a single one. That being said, that's the scenario that I was considered when I suggested the previous steps:

1 - Navigate to the project > Project settings > Permissions > Actions > Edit

2 - Remove the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" from the Browse Projects permission

Using separated permission schemes, the steps above would cause only that specific project to be blocked from all the customers (Logged or incognito).

Let us know if you still have any questions.

Emmanuel Gruffy January 22, 2020

Thanks a lot once again Petter! 

really appreciate your time on this 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

You are welcome, Emmanuel.

Have a nice day! 

Wesley Mincks March 25, 2020

Hi Petter,

This helped solve the issue for me as well but I'm now receiving a permissions error every time I go into the project settings.

The error says:

The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type must be assigned to:

• Browse Projects

Is this something we'll just have to live with or are there extra steps that can be done to prevent this error from triggering?

lukec April 5, 2021

@Wesley Mincks when you get the error.. You should have an option to view the error, and when viewing it, there should be an option to ignore it. Doing so will prevent the error message from popping up. This needs to be done in each users account (so if 3 people are getting this error when logged in, they each need to follow those steps to make the message disappear).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events