Is there a way to get automation to ignore transition validators?

Stephen Solomon May 12, 2021

I'm trying to make a "quick ticket" type that allows my techs to just make a fast work log for a couple common issue requests like password reset requests made via phone call and restarting a specific server that crashes all the time. I want them to be able to just make the ticket with a bit of basic information and let automation close it out without them having to go through all the transitions to close it. 

For typical tickets, I have a few validators when transitioning a ticket to in progress and then to resolved. I want automation to be able to ignore those validators and just set a ticket directly to resolved upon submission.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

There's no explicit way to do this, but you can do it indirectly.

Create a second transition that mimics the existing one, has no validators, but has a condition on it like "can only be done by <user x>", then run the automation as user X and use the new non-validated transition.

Oops, sorry, I forgot - you can also tell it to go direct, doesn't have to be an exact copy and series of jumps through the workflow.

Stephen Solomon May 12, 2021

Yeah, this works. I used the "hide transition from user" option instead though. Lets automation transition but my techs can't see the transition to select it.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events