Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create an automated recurring issue without using an addon?

Francesca Baldwin November 23, 2020

I'd like to create a weekly recurring issue in my Service Management Software Helpdesk, but by the looks of it, I can only do this by using an add-on? 

If I have to use an add-on, do you know of any ones that will do what I need for free?

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Sure. You have Automation built into Cloud. You can set up a scheduled rule to run weekly and create as needed. If you need assistance LMK or have a look here - automation-triggers 

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi Francesca,

it depends on how complex your requirement might be.

For example: Is it an issue with several sub-tasks along with other special settings that needs to be created? Then, probably: yes, an App would be a good choice.

Do you need need a quite simple issue to created? REST API access along with a quite simple script along with a cron job / scheduler task would probably suffice.

Even simpler: you can send in a e-mail every time you need that task to be opened (but also the hackiest way, in my opinion).

There are several approaches :) For the recommendation of an App I would like to leave it for other members here in Community.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events