• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to create an automated recurring issue without using an addon?

I'd like to create a weekly recurring issue in my Service Management Software Helpdesk, but by the looks of it, I can only do this by using an add-on? 

If I have to use an add-on, do you know of any ones that will do what I need for free?

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 23, 2020

Hi Francesca,

it depends on how complex your requirement might be.

For example: Is it an issue with several sub-tasks along with other special settings that needs to be created? Then, probably: yes, an App would be a good choice.

Do you need need a quite simple issue to created? REST API access along with a quite simple script along with a cron job / scheduler task would probably suffice.

Even simpler: you can send in a e-mail every time you need that task to be opened (but also the hackiest way, in my opinion).

There are several approaches :) For the recommendation of an App I would like to leave it for other members here in Community.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Nov 23, 2020

Sure. You have Automation built into Cloud. You can set up a scheduled rule to run weekly and create as needed. If you need assistance LMK or have a look here - automation-triggers 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

196 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you