Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to apply an automation to color a field (Due date) when 30 days till it reaches date?

Frank Collazo April 4, 2024

I have several date fields in Assets that I would like to apply an automated rule to change the color the closer that date gets to say the due date? 

I'm on a DoD network so third party apps are not an option,

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

@Frank Collazo -

I am not clear on what you meant by "Changing the color" for Assets schema objects question, please provide further information.

Looking at your ask on the surface, are you referring to the color of Statuses?  If so, I don't believe that you can change the color of the defined status in the schema via automation rule.  However you can change the status that is associated with your Assets schema objects.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Frank Collazo April 4, 2024

@Joseph Chung Yin This is not a status field/attribute. I have an object type of certifications and my expiration date is set and coming within 90, 60 and 30 days of expiration. My intent is to provide a color for each 90 = yellow 60 = light red and 30 dark red the close that expiration date gets. Attribute is "Security + ce" and Expiration Date "08/Feb/26" when todays date gets closer to this date I'm trying to color code for the 90, 60 and 30 days. Hope this helps

Capture.JPG

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

@Frank Collazo -

I don't believe in Asset Schema object's attribute the one can apply coloring based on my knowledge of Assets Schema configuration.

If you are referring to the JSM issue field, then there is no setup to apply field level coloring out of the box.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2024

@Frank Collazo -

You may want to reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance if needed.

So, if my information helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Again, sorry.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events