Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add customers without email?

Angela Trigg (Quarles) March 7, 2021

I'd like to port over from zendesk but can't seem to get Jira to do what I need. Some of my customers would rather be texted with their ticket but it seems like you can only add a ticket or customer with an email?

2 answers

2 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2021

As of now, it is not possible to create a customer in Jira Service Management without an email.

This feature request has been requested in past and is already tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4935

If you want, you can vote for it.

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2021

Hi @Angela Trigg (Quarles) 

Welcome to community! Adding customers on JSM requires an email address as a form of user identification. There's no way to add a customer without associating it to an email address. I believe zendesk also requires an email address when creating a customer account. So if you would like a way to text the customer's their ticket rather than send them an email, you should probably look into a custom application from Atlassian marketplace or a custom integration. However take note that in all scenarios an email address is required for user creation / addition.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events