Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a notification when a new ticket arrives?

Marijana Nikolic April 5, 2021

Is there any notice when a new ticket arrives? So I don't have to search in the project that new ticket, but to see the notification?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marijana Nikolic April 14, 2021

Hi Josef,

Yes, I have Jira admin rights. I've tried this but I'm still getting notifications of changes only. I need a notification when a new ticket arrives from the user.

Maybe I didn't do something right :(

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

@Marijana Nikolic -

In your project's notification scheme, (default setting) you will find "Issue Created" event notification goes to All watcher, Current assignee, and Reporter.

2021-04-14_8-20-13.png

Is that what you are seeing above?  If you need to get notification on all issue creations, then just update the notification scheme for the "Issue Created" event by adding yourself to this event.

2021-04-14_8-25-07.png

2021-04-14_8-25-27.png

NOTE - Just make sure that when you edit your notification scheme, the scheme is not shared with other projects.  Otherwise you will be getting notification from other projects' issue creations too.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Marijana Nikolic April 16, 2021

Thanks, Joseph.

This works. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Marijana

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

@Marijana Nikolic -

Hi there:

If you have the Jira admin rights, then you can configure/change the NOTIFICATION scheme used in your JSM project - "Issue Created" event.  For that event, you can then update it to send system notification when an issue is created.

NOTE - This apply against the entire project.  If the notification scheme is shared by other projects, then the changes will also apply to other projects too.  If your intention is to get notification just for a specific project, then you will need to create a custom scheme for your project only. 

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS