Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a less "independent" alternative to projects?

Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano February 8, 2021

Hi all,

My company is checking Jira Service Management, and we need to have a single service desk for multiple "mini-companies". We don't want to use a project for each company because it turns into a related to the single mailbox for all projects, the mail requests that turns into incidents, and also the report creation is designed for each project individually.

Checking the Jira Service Service Management hierarchy we can see projects as the only structure that we can use. Because there is a field called Type, but it's used for the issue type, and the field Components but it is related to the equipment.

I am new in Jira, so please feel free to correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of the basics.

3 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

@Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano  -

If you simply want to use one single project to host many customer company, you can also acheive it by categorize your custom based into different organizations.  In JSM project, you can configure it so only customers associated within the same organization can share issues reported within the same organization. 

Please refer to the following postings for additional information - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-grouping-customers-into-organizations

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano,

You got most of the part correctly. If your requirement is to serve multiple "mini-companies" within a JSM project, then you will need to think about the permission as well. Maybe, you can implement issue security level for each "mini-companies".

Because there is a field called Type, but it's used for the issue type, and the field Components but it is related to the equipment.

For this, yes you are correct, Request Type is mapped to Issue Type. For Components, it's just a categorization within a project itself and this is a perfect field to use for your scenario.

Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano February 9, 2021

Hi @mogavenasanThanks a lot for your answer.

I was expecting to use the components field for the different equipment and software that may require support in each mini-company, but if I use it for the mini-companies, what can I use for the equipment and software?

Thanks in advance.

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano,

You can have a select list custom field for equipment and software.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

You could use components, see it as a way of sub categorize your project. The template populates the components as an example, but you can always change that. We use components to categorize our tickets, and it can be anything from access requests to peripheral requests.

Juan Mateo Romero Rubiano February 9, 2021

Hi @Mikael Sandberg

Thank you so much for your help.

Just a question, If I use the components field for the different small companies, what can I use for the equipment and software that are inside of each one of them?

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events