Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Slack to create a new ticket in Jira Service Desk?

Gene Mendez August 3, 2018

We setting up a new instance of Jira Service Desk. We have set up email address to open new tickets, but we also want to enable users to send a message to a Slack account or to an @ Jira in Slack to open a new ticket.

Is this possible?

Gene ...

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sanjana _Alacriz_ August 3, 2018

Hello @Gene Mendez,

Yes, it is possible. There are ways to do it. Please refer the following links which may help you.

https://www.nextup.ai/slack-jira-integration/

https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/slack/2415/add-new-slack-messages-to-jira-as-new-issues

--Best

Sanjana

Gene Mendez August 6, 2018

Will either of these work for Service Desk?  One seemed to work on the DevOps, but didn't seem to support Service Desk.

Nick Cron November 21, 2020

Hello @Gene Mendez - I know it has been a long time so not sure if you found something here.   We created HelpDesk+ for this purpose and would be interested in you giving it a try if you are still looking for a solution. 

Our Jira Service Desk Slack integration allows you to create and manage issues from Slack without disrupting your back end process for agents.  

Like Dave Liao likes this
Gene Mendez November 23, 2020

Hi @nick - Thanks for reaching out.  We have migrated away from Slack and are now using MS Teams.  So no need for Slack integration. I am interested in a Teams integration now if there is one.  ;-)

Nick Cron November 23, 2020

No problem @Gene Mendez - Atlassian has a plugin for MS Teams here - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217836/microsoft-teams-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

We have heard some feedback that users are looking to do more so are considering bringing our integration to MS teams.  Have you used this one and found issues?

Like Dave Liao likes this
bgrajower November 24, 2020

Is it possible to integrate Jira SM to slack so users can open support tickets in Jira SM without a third party?
I am looking to have users open support tickets in Jira SM directly via Slack - 

The goal is to have several avenues to open ticket in Jira SM - email, Slack, mobile app, Jira portal.

Is it possible to achieve that without a third party app as mentioned above?

Nick Cron November 24, 2020

Hello - there is no native way to do this which is why companies like ours exist.  Atlassian acquired a company called Halp that offers a somewhat similar product to helpdesk+ (our product) but it’s not currently included with JSM out of the box. 

@Nick Cron - Thanks for the quick response!

To your knowledge, any solution that I will implement required license purchasing or there are free options?

Nick Cron November 24, 2020

No free options that I know of.  We spent a lot of time and money on building this and the license fund further development to add more features people want.

Example: adding files on JSM that appear in Slack when you need forms filled, etc. 

Thanks for the help!

bgrajower November 25, 2020

Question:

Which vendor(s) do you recommend or suggest to work between slack and Jira SM?

Like chrisbuttenham likes this
chrisbuttenham November 25, 2020

Hey @bgrajower 👋

I'm a firm believer in it truly depends on your specific needs and workflow. Our friends here at Nextup👆 have done an elegant job of bringing Jira/JSM into Slack and (correct me if I'm wrong, Nick) focus on end-to-end issue/ticket creation and management within Slack. Basically a Slack "client" for Jira.

If you're looking to solve for a more horizontal helpdesk workflow (one that includes ticket deflection etc.), you might want to consider something like Spoke, Obie or Halp. All are different in their own way and we took the time to break this down in this article here. I hope this is helpful😁

Like Dan Priljeva likes this
Nick Cron November 27, 2020

Hi @bgrajower - I agree with @chrisbuttenham that the right solution for you depends on the pain points you are facing and your desired process.  

Most solutions offer a free trial and we would be happy to show you HelpDesk+ 

Chris is right that we are known for our enterprise-level integrations between Slack and Atlassian and HelpDesk+ is our response to our customer's demand to do more with Jira Service Desk / Jira Service Management.  

4 votes
chrisbuttenham January 28, 2020

Hey there! Little late to the party but I believe:

both support Jira Service Desk integrations that let you create tickets from Slack!

bgrajower November 25, 2020

Thanks!

Daniel Vazome December 28, 2021

halp is a decent native integration for such case. The price is calculated per number of support agents. Halp is great for being a swift support solution.

Obie (now as a part of Lessonly) does more and costs more, since you pay for each user. Obie is great for being kind of "context-powered, easy-to-reach solution for a scattered KB". Powerful and enterprise-ish.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events