Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to setup a request form outside of a portal group?

matth97 April 21, 2021

Hi. 

I'm new to Jira and I'm looking at setting up a couple of projects, primarily for our IT support team. We'll be purchasing the standard version once I've finished configuring everything which needs setting up.

Is it possible to set up a request outside of a portal group? Ideally we'd like to have the request in the section seen below, rather than users having to click through and choose different categories. 

I know we can customise the groups/categories etc, but would like to have the 'Get IT Help' request available here instead.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @matth97 and welcome to the community!

You cannot mix both groups and no-groups on the portal.

You'll have to decide whether you want to group request types together or make a single list of items.

I do believe with the new request type system you are required to add one group but it won't be shown if it's the only one.

If you however have more than 1 portal group defined it will show both/all of them.

But having groups displayed and a request type outside of the groups isn't possible.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events