Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set up notifications for each new post in service project?

Michal Bartonek May 24, 2023

I would like to request a feature where I receive notifications for every new post. It would be greatly appreciated if I could be notified via email or any other preferred method whenever a new post is published.

2 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Michal - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What do you mean by "post"? Do you mean a new issue is created? Or a new comment is added? You can do either by creating an Automation Rule to send you and email. You might also be able to do it by using the Notification Scheme and give the notification to Watchers. Then add yourself as a Watcher to the issue. 

Michal Bartonek May 24, 2023

Hi John, thank you for your response. I meant when a new issue is created, I will receive a notification

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Of course - just create an automation rule based on the Issue Created trigger. Then add any conditions to narrow down which issues will send the email. Then add a new action for Email issue. You should be able to use your email address in the To: field. 

And you can add any fields you want to the body of the email for more reference if you like. If you put this code in the body, it will create a clickable link to the issue showing the Summary of the issue.

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

Like Michal Bartonek likes this
Michal Bartonek May 26, 2023

Thank you, but I received a response from main IT in Germany:

MicrosoftTeams-image (10).png

It also occurred to me whether it would be possible to monitor an RSS feed from Stream Activity, and how to do it?

Snímek obrazovky 2023-05-26 093643.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Okay, I do not understand the message from you IT. They should not be involved with you creating an automation rule in Jira. Did you try what I suggested above? Did it fail to send you an email? 

If you use the Activity Stream, it will show you all activity on that project - not just new issues. 

The other thing you could do is create a filter that shows you new issues on the project that were created that week and you could use a Filter Results gadget to put that on a dashboard or run the filter whenever you want. 

Project = ABC and created >= startOfWeek()

Unfortunately, I don't have the authority to create rules. I sended your advice to IT, and this was their response. :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

The rule can be created against a single project. Are you a project administrator for the project? If yes, then you should be able to create the rule. Or whoever is the project admin. 

Otherwise, the filter above should work for you. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

No, I have not done an RSS feed. But again, that would show you everything and not use created issues. The filter will be best for that. 

I'm currently using the filter "issueType = 'Einen Wartungsvorgang melden' AND resolution = EMPTY ORDER BY lastViewed DESC" which shows me all unfinished issues, but it doesn't help me with getting notifications. :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Use issueType = 'Einen Wartungsvorgang melden' and created >= startOfWeek() and statusCategory != Done

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

You can then setup a Subscription for the filter to email you one a day or more often if you like. Or include it in a Dashboard

0 votes

I am not the project administrator. That role is held by the Head of IT Infrastructure in Germany. I will try to create the filter as you suggested. Just for information, do you know how to monitor an RSS feed?

Thank you so much for your time. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events