Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set different values in a cascading field by depending on request type?

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Is it possible to set different values in a cascading field by depending on request type?

I have script runner. 

regards, Marcela

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Marcela Junyent,

Yes. This is what custom field contexts are for, so you wouldn't need marketplace apps for that.

This article may be a good starting point to learn about configuring them.

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2020

You cant use context. Its same issuetype And project, you arent able to configure diferent context.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2020

Hi @Marcela Junyent 

That is true - I was assuming your request types mapped to different issue types.

On the server platform, Scriptrunner behaviours could help you indeed, but due to limitations of the Cloud platform, the module is not available.

I still see two options available from standard Jira configuration:

• Add some issue types to match the different request types in your service desk portal. As soon as each request type has its own corresponding issue type, the field context limitation does no longer apply. The advantage is that you can use 1 single custom field for reporting and search across all your different request types;
  • Add separate custom fields for the request types that share the same issue type. That should work in the UI, but has a couple of downsides for configuration, search and reporting (as you will end up with multiple fields potentially related to the same type of information)
Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2020

I had those options in mind , but neither were the best solution.

Thanks anyway!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events