Is it possible to have Customer Portal for Software project?

Przemysław Grzesiak August 9, 2022

Hi

We have separate instances for Jira Software (Server edition) and Jira Service Management (DC edition) and are planning to migrate Jira Software to Data Center and have both Jiras in one instance to have a synergy effect.

Is it possible to open Customer Portal also for Software projects or is it possible only for Service projects?

5 comments

Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi,

A portal is only possible in Service projects, not in Jira Software.

Regards,

Jeroen

Like Przemysław Grzesiak likes this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Przemysław Grzesiak ,

Customer portal is only available for Service projects. 

Jira software and Jira service management both can be in one server.  Details mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-install-jira-service-management-in-existing-jira-instance-849158594.html 

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

@Przemysław Grzesiak -

Portal UI is only available for JSM.  However, there are other ways such as embedding Jira Software project create issue URL in your Web UI (not Portal UI).  The key is that users of Jira Software (i.e. Customers) will require a license for the product versus JSM customers are free.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Przemysław Grzesiak August 9, 2022

Thank you all for the responses. Looks like I thought that only "Service" projects can be included in Customer portal. That is clear to me that Customer Portal is a feature of JSM and is not possible to have one for Jira Software. However we had a discussion within our team about a situation where Jira Software and JSM applications installed an the same instance, within the same Jira framework. In this case we will have service projects next to software projects and we were wondering if in such case it will be possible to mix software and service projects in Portal.

As far as I know same case is with kanban/scrum boards which are part of Jira Software but when you have both application on one instance you can place service projects on boards.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

@Przemysław Grzesiak  The projects are displayed in portal when the project type is only "Service desk" 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

@Przemysław Grzesiak -

I agreed with @Rilwan Ahmed statement.  The portal UI setup/access is only for JSM projects (even if you have both Jira Software and JSM hosted under the same site).

Best, Joseph

martijn_vandepoel March 15, 2023

Are third party plugins available that will do this? I have the same need. Share all kinds of customer reports with my customers regarding JSM data (incidents etc.) AND Jira Software projects we do for them (Estimated hours vs hours spent, Tickets that are open/done on a project level).

SL April 25, 2023

Has anyone found a solution/workaround for this problem?  Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events