Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to format field text to give it "more space"?

Malene Lunde Einarsen August 13, 2020

I'm not very familiar with Jira, but I am attempting to make a "form" in our internal servicedesk asking simple yes/no questions in regards to GDPR. 

The questions are unfortunately somewhat lenghty. Is it possible to format this in any way to make it look better and less cramped to the side?

screenshot.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Hi Malene,

I assume this screen shot is from the Internal issue creation screen? If not let me know. 

With that in mind, I don't believe there is a way to change the width of that column for the field titles.

What I would recommend is to make the field titles short and concise, then add help text to each of those fields for further explanation. The help text will appear below the field space and look much cleaner like below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 10.27.05 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Nick with Isos

Malene Lunde Einarsen August 16, 2020

Thank you for your answer - that's a shame, as I can almost guarantee 95% of people who would be expected to use this form would never read the small print. 

We'll have to look into different solutions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events