Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that the status of an issue automatically changes when an action is performed?

Marco Checchelani December 17, 2020

I would that the status of an issue automatically changes when an action is performed, e.g: The status an Issue send to me is in "Waiting for support" and when I reply to the customer I want the the status automatically changes to "Waiting for customer". Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Marco Checchelani ,

This is certainly possible.

Go to your project settings and look for automation. There you can create rules and let these rules trigger on field value changes, comments that are added and more. Take a look here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation to find about the basics and go from there.

Rudy

Marco Checchelani December 21, 2020

Thank you very much. I have another question: is it possible to activate automation from an email that is not related to the opening of a request? To be clearer, e.g: I got a request with low priority but I want to give to the customer the possibility to change the priority of the request in every moment. Is it possible? I saw that the customer has no access to this detail of a request, but that he can only select this detail when he opens an issue (in the first email).

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

You could do this by creating a transition from the current status (e.g. waiting for support) to the same status. As post-function you can change the priority.

You also need to show this transition in the portal. See here.

Marco Checchelani December 21, 2020

Thank you very much for the fast answer. I have another question: are this functionalities available for the standard contract? I am following the instructions but I cannot find the "Post-function" tab.

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

You need to have a classic service desk project, not a next-gen project.

If you have a classic project, just type G+G  > workflows and edit the workflow that is used by the request you were referring to. The go to diagram and create a self-transition.

Select the transition (arrow, 1) and in the right panel you should see Post functions (2).

image.png

Then click 'add post function' > Update Issue field > select priority > select a value > Add

Now save and publish the workflow

That should do it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events