• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible for a customer to set the security level of a request in the portal?

I want to make it possible for reporters to set the security level when they submit a request through the service desk portal, is this possible? 

I've seen a few Atlassian bug tickets/dev tickets that suggest Security Level is a hidden preset field and can't be shown, and one that suggested it shouldn't be a field at all, but I'm relatively new to Jira and those tickets are quite old. 

Any tips appreciated! 

J

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Oct 29, 2020

this is not something the Customer can do. They can "not share" the issue which would ensure that other customers in their Organization would not see it.

So in our use case, 'Customers' are colleagues and we actually want tickets by default (in service desk) to be visible to everyone in the org, we just want the provision for users to make 'hidden' tickets for when security/eyes only access is needed 

Jack Community Leader Oct 29, 2020

Disclaimer - I have not played w/ Issue Security.

With that said, why couldn't you have a unique request type that also has a unique issuetype and define the necessary issue security for that request type? In this way if I need to create a 'private' request I simply select 'Private Request' on the portal.

I think that's going to be the way forward, thanks for laying it out like that. 

The other way around would've been better for us as it means less issue types in the portal, but if it's not possible to set security level for each ticket then there will just have to be a 'secure ticket' request! 

Thanks for your help, Jack! 

Jack

I've done this exact thing w/ the JMWE add-on in workflow post-functions. Since you're in Cloud, I'm almost positive you can do this w/ Automation for Jira if you don't have JMWE.

If customer selects option X from this field, set Security Level to Y or whatever.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you