Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for a customer to set the security level of a request in the portal?

Jack Gransden October 29, 2020

I want to make it possible for reporters to set the security level when they submit a request through the service desk portal, is this possible? 

I've seen a few Atlassian bug tickets/dev tickets that suggest Security Level is a hidden preset field and can't be shown, and one that suggested it shouldn't be a field at all, but I'm relatively new to Jira and those tickets are quite old. 

Any tips appreciated! 

J

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

this is not something the Customer can do. They can "not share" the issue which would ensure that other customers in their Organization would not see it.

So in our use case, 'Customers' are colleagues and we actually want tickets by default (in service desk) to be visible to everyone in the org, we just want the provision for users to make 'hidden' tickets for when security/eyes only access is needed 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Disclaimer - I have not played w/ Issue Security.

With that said, why couldn't you have a unique request type that also has a unique issuetype and define the necessary issue security for that request type? In this way if I need to create a 'private' request I simply select 'Private Request' on the portal.

I think that's going to be the way forward, thanks for laying it out like that. 

The other way around would've been better for us as it means less issue types in the portal, but if it's not possible to set security level for each ticket then there will just have to be a 'secure ticket' request! 

Thanks for your help, Jack! 

Jack

Andrew Januszak October 29, 2020

I've done this exact thing w/ the JMWE add-on in workflow post-functions. Since you're in Cloud, I'm almost positive you can do this w/ Automation for Jira if you don't have JMWE.

If customer selects option X from this field, set Security Level to Y or whatever.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events