Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Jira Service Management suitable for MSP's?

NikosM March 5, 2021

Hello, we are a small company supporting the IT of our customers and dealing with IT projects. Our customers are always other companies, having personnel of course. Basically what we are looking for is a solution that will allow us to:

- Have an email like "itsupport@mycompany.com" that I will give to all customers to send requests to

- Add customers (companies) and personnel (optional) for each of them. Every company has a unique domain (like "customer1.com") so if a request comes from "joe@customer1.com" the system will accept it as coming from Customer1 whether we have added Joe to Customer1 or not (if it comes from an unknown domain, like gmail, I should be able to choose which customer sent it)

- Agents (our stuff) should be able to enter maintenance work they do or phone requests 

- Have different contracts with each customer (working hours, SLAs etc) 

- Keep track of time needed to resolve every request

- Have reports about time spent for every customer (ie. company) in a time period as well as detailed reports etc and reports about tickets resolved by each member of our stuff and time spent.

Do you think Jira SM is is a suitable solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2021

Hi @NikosM 

Thanks for explaining your requirements nicely. Answer is yes to all your points, JSM is definitely suitable for your needs. Using Automation rules you can also do routing of these tickets.

What I would recommend is to create a sample JSM project with IT Service Management template and start playing

Your requirements:

1. You can setup email requests in JSM out of the box.
  2. In JSM there is a concept of organisation and customers. Using Automation rules you can do routing based on email domain for example by setting the Organisation based on reporter email.
  3. It depends how you define work, it could be update an existing field, adding a comment or adding a worklog to reflect the work done or simple status change in the workflow.
  4. Your can set SLAs based on organisation.
  5. There are reports based on time spent.
  6. There are plenty of inbuilt reports in JSM project which you can configure further and create more. You also have dashboards that can help you with reporting using other gadgets. For advanced reporting you can use apps or use Jira REST API to feed this data to another tool like Power BI.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

0 votes
NikosM March 6, 2021

Thx Ravi, so I'll play as you suggested and I think JSM is powerful enough for us!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events