Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Control

minor Sibaja lopez January 13, 2021

Hi, Im wondering if Jira could work with inventory control, for raw material and fixed asset, also production process, what software should I use in this. 

We need an inventory called perpetual inventory or continuous inventory describes systems of inventory where information on inventory quantity and availability is updated on a continuous basis as a function of doing business.

For instance , we are a factory that make Car Seat Covers, we use many kinds of fabrics and colors, Threat, buckles , plastic back for packing , webbing for binding in different colors, elastic webbing etc, the system that we need will monitors all raw material into the production system and areas letting us know were are the material at the end of the week or month, cutting are, sewing area, quality control are, packing area, etc.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

@minor Sibaja lopez - what kind of inventory? Can you give us more insight into the tracking you're looking to achieve?

Speaking of insight, take a look at the Insight add-on from Atlassian. It's intended for asset management and might suit your needs.

minor Sibaja lopez January 13, 2021

Thank you for your reply.

It is actually as inventory management is a systematic approach to sourcing, storing, and selling inventory—both raw materials (components) and finished goods (products). 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

@minor Sibaja lopez - can you give more detail please? 🤔

Luis January 28, 2022

I will jump in here for Sibaja if I can and ask. Has anyone gotten a response or a solution? I am at a point where I either write an Access DB program to control parts repair inventory or purchase an off-the-shelf product.   I am one week new to Jira and learning, and we use it for asset tracking, but not for inventory stock control. We have an inventory stock we categorize as spare parts used to repair equipment deployed or replace them. Knowing where inventory parts are located, how many we have, or when we are short is an automated solution we are seeking,  

0 votes
Swami Dridapada November 13, 2021

Namaskaram ,

I am also looking for such inventory control.

It means like a Warehouse manager who can track

1. the material inflow into the warehouse from purchase,

2. Material issue given to agents who use it at various locations for projects with budgets

3. Current Stock report with auto - alerts on stock min qty, re ordering etc

4. Material master is cruicial with all specifications

May be this is what the orignial question was .. not sure if it addresses all aspects of original question

Pranam

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events