cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Service Desk > Jira Software

ternst
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2022

Hi,

we are currently using Service Management and Jira Software on premise (and are aware of end of service).

I guess there must be a way to send Tickets from Service Desk to Jira Software (as Bug Tickets).

Can you please check and hopefully confirm my assumption and provide guidance information for implementation / basic documentation?

Have a great day
Tobias

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

@ternst 

I think this guide will help you out.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0411/best-practices-for-software-teams-using-jira-service-desk-1021224433.html

We usually use the create linked issue as described in the KB.  We have used automations to created linked issues on some items but manual triage has always been the most effective.

ternst
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2022

Hi Brant,

thank you, yes, I guess what we need is on the page https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0411/escalate-jira-service-desk-issues-to-other-jira-teams-1021224443.html.

I'll hand it over to my colleagues to have a try.

Have a great day
Tobias

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

Hi, did you manage to resolve your problem? I hope so. If you want to try an alternative way to the one you probably use to establish the connection between those two systems(Jira SD and Jira), there are tools that might help you, tools like ZigiOps. It's a no-code integration platform that allows customization to fit any use case, such as yours - ticket creation. It can transfer various data and sync any fields(custom or default), and make the integration bi-directional. Feel free to check it out if you want and if you want to see it in action (how handles particular use cases), you can even book a demo.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events