Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating JIRA Server with Pagerduty

Ilakiya Srinivasan April 19, 2022

We are using the Jira server version 6.4 and service desk version 2.5. When our customer creates a P1 through the Service Desk, a call should be triggered to our team member's mobile phones. Since we are using the older version of Jira, the PagerDuty support team suggested using Event API V2, but that requires routing_key. As far as I checked, Jira will create this key only after installing the PagerDuty add-on in our Jira instance. Unfortunately, the Pagerduty add-on is available only from Jira server 7.13(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218226/pagerduty-for-jira-server-data-center?hosting=server&tab=versions).

Tried integrating using webhooks as per this document https://www.pagerduty.com/docs/guides/jira-webhook-email-integration-guide/ for Jira legacy integration, but when we followed the instruction, JIRA Software was not getting listed in the integration type.

Please let me know if there is a way to integrate Jira 6.4 with PagerDuty.

2 answers

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

@Ilakiya Srinivasan hello. A bit late but did you manage to resolve the issue? I'd like to propose an alternative solution for integrating Jira/PagerDuty using a 3rd party solution - ZigiOps. It connects the two systems and allows you to transfer data between them and sync it. ZigiOps is 100% no-code and secure. Feel free to contact our tech team and drop us a line to see how ZigiOps can resolve your case.

BR, Diana (ZigiOps)

0 votes
Ilakiya Srinivasan April 21, 2022

I have created integration as Event API V2 in Pagerduty and created a webhook pointing to the integration key of theat service in pagerduty.

I tried testing my webhook, but the incident was not triggered in Pageduty, is there a way to check the webhook failures?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events