Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Jira Service Desk to Jira Software cloud

Sam Newman January 17, 2020

Hello,

I have Jira software and Jira Service Desk on cloud. 

In Jira Administrator it says that the they are connected. However, I cannot create linked issues into a Jira Software Project from JIRA SD. Or add Develops to the JIRA SD project to collaborate. 

Any help or instruction on what is going wrong would be much appreciated.

Regard

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

It sounds like you have separate Jira Software and Jira Service Desk installations.  If you create application links between the two, you can use "remote" links between issues, but if you want the full functionality of real issue links, you should be running Software and JSD on the same Jira platform.

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Hello @Sam Newman please review that you can see both projects and you have link issues permission on both of them.

Also I'm not sure if could be the case but maybe one of the projects is a classic one and another is a next gen. I know they don't work very well together for some things, maybe this is the case as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events