Integrate JSM with Jira Software

Daniel Roig March 4, 2021

We're using Jira Service Management and Jira Software and are trying to get the two integrated with each other so that we can link issues in JSM to tickets in Jira Software. When we try to create a link in an issue or service request in JSM we do not see any of the tickets in Jira Software to link to. Is there some sort of configuration or permissions that need to be setup?

5 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Daniel Roig

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

It seems like you are trying to sync issues between a JSM instance and a JSW instance i.e. 2 different Jira instances. Have you considered a third party integration solution to fully synchronize your Jira instances bidirectionally? If not, I would urge you to look at Exalate where you will be able to set up this integration in a matter of minutes and customize it as per your requirements. 

Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 19, 2022

@Daniel Roig hello. Along with the rest of the propositions, you can also explore ZigiOps. It's an out-of-the-box integration platform. Does not need additional coding and can be customized to fit various use cases. It can help you connect the two jira instances bi-directionally, sync them (to keep them up to date in real time) and transfer the data you want ( issues in JSM to tickets in Jira Software). Check it out and if you think that it might be useful, you can book a demo to see it in action.

Regards (Diana, ZigiWave)

0 votes
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Daniel Roig just came across your question!

I hope you have found a solution for your problem. If not, I'd suggestion using a tool like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira that could help you sync your JSM tickets with Jira software. Backbone will link, copy, and synchronize Jira issues and comments across Jira instances and automatically update every change to keep all teams up to speed in real-time.

Please visit the page linked above or simply schedule a demo call with us to see how Backbone can help you sync JSM with Jira software.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Are they both the same Jira, or two separate instances?

I believe so, how can I tell?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

What  base urls do you use for them?  I don't need to know, just whether they're the same or not.  For example, if you get to JSW on jsw.atlassian.net/xxxxx and JSM on jsm.atlassian.net/xxxxxx, they are separate instances.

If they're both on yourdomain.atlassian.net, then they're on the same system, and the "integration" is already there.

looks like they are different

I was able to figure it out once i realized the url's were different. I went to the integration section in settings and added the Jira Software url to the application links

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Ahh, excellent, that's where I was headed when I opened the question again to respond!

Leo Verstraeten April 20, 2021

Reading this, it should be possible to link a Jira SW ticket on instance 1 (e.g. JSW1.atlassian.net) from a ticket on another JSM instance (e.g. JSM2.atlassian.net)? Am I right?

Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
September 16, 2022

@Leo Verstraeten I think you are right that the two tickets can be linked, but that will not auto sync the changes on the issues (or any other Jira data) across them. It will only give you a link to easily go back and forth between the linked issues.

Venkatesh Palavai October 3, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_: I want to sync the Jira ticket and a JSM ticket in same instance. Using Script Runner can we implement that?

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

In order to link between JSM and JSW as a user you need to have access to both. If you only have a JSM license you will not be able to see any JSW issues.

I do have access to both systems and we have a license for Jira Software, we're using the free version of JSM at the moment

Kritsana Loaboonsup_Yahoo_ November 17, 2021

Hi Danial , Do you find the way to integrate jsm and jsm?

Like Umer Sohail _K15t_ likes this
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
September 16, 2022

@Kritsana Loaboonsup_Yahoo_  I saw that you were also looking for a solution to connect JSM with another JSM project.

As I mentioned to Daniel as well, I'd suggestion using a tool like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira that could help you sync your JSM tickets with any Jira product, including Jira Software, JSM, or JSW.

When a customer sends a request via JSM, the support team can use Backbone Issue Sync or Jira to send the Jira ticket directly to the other Jira project in real-time. Backbone will also auto sync all comments made (possible in both directions).

Please visit the page linked above or simply schedule a demo call with us to see how Backbone can help you sync JSM with other Jira projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events