cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight - change object type

Michel Leduc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2020

I used Insight to inventory software.

I had a main object type (software) with two branches (Installed and Cloud)

We elected to not subcategorized the assets so im trying to move an object from the branch to the trunk.  Cant do it from the "GUI" and if I edit my object, I don't have the option to edit "object type"

Im trying the export/import csv, but its not elegant...  can't I just drag my object in its parent "directory"

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 17.26.59.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 17.27.22.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 17.28.16.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Michel Leduc ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's move action in the server version of Insight, but I wasn't able to find it in cloud and it seems to me this functionality is not implemented yet.

Are there any issues connected to your objects? Do you have any important information in the history of these objects?

Michel Leduc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2020

objects have no issues, and no real importance, I'm thinking about just recreating them, but it is time consuming

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

It really depends on the number of objects and attributes, but maybe, if you it is just one time operation for a reasonable amount of data, it will be the best just recreate them manually... 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2020

Sure, you can do the export/import, but it could be tricky and take some time to configure everything right...

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

Thanks @Hana Kučerová ! As usual you saved me a lot time researching !

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events