Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Scheme import error message

Marjan Posedi July 20, 2021

When I try to import an Insight Scheme I get an error message:

rlabs.insight.i18n.constraint.violation.MutableObjectSchemaBean.Pattern.objectSchemaKey

i18nKey='rlabs.insight.i18n.constraint.violation.MutableObjectSchemaBean.Pattern.objectSchemaKey', parameters=[], additionalMessage=null

What is the cause for this message?

1 answer

0 votes
Jaume Llardén January 8, 2024

We were recently hit by the error message you mention:

rlabs.insight.i18n.constraint.violation.MutableObjectSchemaBean.Pattern.objectSchemaKey

when importing an object schema.

While there may be different causes for the error message above, in our configuration the culprit turned out to be the object schema key: While troubleshooting, we noticed Jira complained the schema key was too long when editing the schema settings. In fact, the key was 10 characters long (within the permitted range), but it contained an "Ä" (A umlaut). We suppose "10 characters" is a misnomer for "10 bytes", and the key exceeded the 10-byte limit because "Ä" is encoded with two bytes using UTF-8.

It seems the schema key being too long prevented the import from working, which is not only surprising but unexpected. because the original key should be irrelevant in the import process, as we get to specify the new schema name and key. Apparently, and for some unknown reason, the import routine checks the original key length.

If you are stuck with a schema key that is too long, proceed as follows to rename it :

1. Export the object schema, including all objects
  2. Unzip the export file
  3. Open schema.xml
  4. Look for the key and replace it with a short, ASCII-only string
  5. Save schema.xml
  6. Zip all files from step 2, including the modified schema.xml
  7. Import the ZIP file created in step 6. When choosing the key for the new object schema, make sure it contains ASCII characters only and its length is 10 characters or less.
  8. After successfully importing the object schema, you may delete the old object schema

It's a shame Atlassian doesn't have any support article mentioning this error message.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events