Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight - Object picker

Sergei Miroshnikov March 10, 2021

Hello! 

In our organization we use Jira Service Management (4.14.1) for IT support issues and Insight as CMDB. Both - Server versions. 

In Insight our testing schema:

• object type: organization1 with sub-types pc, printers, users etc.
  • object type: organization2 with sub-types pc, printers, users etc.
  • infrastructure object types: - pc models, printer models etc.

the meaning of this 'organizations' is to give some users permissions to pick or view their asset in the future (of course, later there will be a rethinking and rework).

In our test project we use just one custom field to pick something related to issue - user, printer or software. This custom field insight configuration contains only object schema pointing without any filter scope.

So, when we creating an issue and want to pick some objects from, for example, 'organization8 ---> printers' we should scroll down all expanded organizations with all expanded object types. 

How can I change this behavior to see all object types (folders) folded in object picker? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergei Miroshnikov April 11, 2021

I found workaround that is good for us for now, maybe later there will be better solution.

Maybe someone will find this helpful.

• in 'organisations' object type I added organisation objects 
  • in every object type inside every subfolder added attribute 'organisation' with link to main 'organisation' object type 
  • filled all needed fields with organisations (it is convenient to bulk editing if you have many objects)
  • put 2 custom fields on issue screens - one with 'insight objects' type with objecttype=organisations and one 'Insight Referenced Objects' type with reference to previous field 
  • next time on issue screen you can choose an organisation in first custom field and see everything (or maybe something like PC or printer if you tune it in custom field IQL query ) related to this organisation in other field.
Ragini Sharma June 4, 2021

Hi Sergie 

Thank you for the information.

But I am unable to see "Insight Referenced Objects" Type Custom field in Insight cloud.

Could you please help on this ?

Urgently required.

Thanks in advance !!

Sergei Miroshnikov June 4, 2021

Hi! 

I don`t have experience with JSM cloud, server version only.

But I see that on this help page  you can find the answer =) 

You are using JSM Premium with Insight or Insight - Asset Management Cloud app from Marketplace? I see there some differences in Insight Custom Field 

Have a nice day

Yes I am using JSM Premium with Insight Cloud App.

Hope you find things in "Set up the Insight object field" link useful, I can`t test it because don`t have cloud version)

I have 6 object types in Insight schema.

And in each object type I have around 6 attributes with references to other objects.

So I .am having an object type -: Part which has attributes part_Id, Part_Name , Department_Id, Department_Name etc.

Department_Id attribute is referenced from another object type "Department"in the same schema.

So when I create an issue in customer portal in JSM, I get to select Part_Id. 

Once I select part_id, on the issue view screen, I should be able to see all other associated details like Department ID, Department name etc.

In Part_Id insight custom field context , I have selected Department-Id , Department_Name as attrributes to be displayed on issue view screen.

But it only shows Part_Id, Department_Id.

Part name , Department name etc. attributes are not visible.

Please check if you can guide.

Thanks !!!

In "Insight Referenced Objects (multiple)" custom field after creating there is InsightReferenceCustomFieldConfig (I don`t know real name of some fields in english version, because we use russian version) options, and in "object attributes" (or something like that) you can choose referenced attributes. This is in server version. Maybe you should start your own question with "JSM - Core" tags and somebody can help or mail ticket to Support Team.

Thank you for your response Sergie !!!   

;))

you're welcome =)

0 votes
David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2021

I'm confused as to what your object schema looks like.

It sounds like it is: (but this doesn't make sense since you can't have two object types named the same in the same schema)

Org1

• PC
  • Printer
  • User

Org2

• PC
  • Printer
  • User
Sergei Miroshnikov March 11, 2021

schema.jpg

Yes, like that on screenshot (not real one)

You can`t have two object types with same name in the same object type but in the same schema it`s ok

And you can fill one type with sub types and then copy it, so you have same object type with subfolders but without objects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events