Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Insight - Looking for an easy way to copy Insight attribute values to another Insight object

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Aug 19, 2022

Hey,

So in my use case I got a couple of Insight objects e.g.

• Object 1
  • Object 2

and Object 1 has an attribute of type "Object reference (unlimited)" with some values (20+)

Now I'm looking for an easy way to copy over these references from Object 1 to Object 2 without having to select them 1 by 1.

I'll probably have to do this 20-30 times and the attribute values will be 95% the same. So it'll be faster to clean up the differences instead of having to re-select all the values.

Anybody got an idea on how this can be easily done? Maybe export/import and update the values?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall Community Leader Aug 19, 2022

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans - You could probably do this with a global automation rule.  

1. TRIGGER: Scheduled
  2. BRANCH: IQL for your DESTINATION objects
    1. Lookup Objects: Perform lookup to find the SOURCE object
    2. Edit Object: Select the Object Reference (Unlimited) attribute and set it to {{lookupObjects.Object Reference (Unlimited)}}

Hopefully that helps.

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Aug 25, 2022

Hey @Mark Segall

Thanks for the inspiration, sadly we're still stuck on an older Automation version so I'm unable to try it out right now.

I ended up writing a little script (with scriptrunner) to do it. Seems to also provide me with more control that way :)

But atleast you confirmed me that there is on real copy/paste way to do it (sadly)

Like Mark Segall likes this
Mark Segall Community Leader Aug 25, 2022

Ahh bummer.  At least you have scriptrunner in your environment.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events