Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Import: How can I link an object from a different scheme during import?

Regula Sutter March 21, 2018

I have two object type schemes, let's call them Venues and Assets.

When importing objects into the Venues  scheme (from JSON), I want them to reference previously created objects from the scheme  Assets.

Is this possible in the new version 5.4? And if it is: how to accomplish it?

Thank you for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hi Regula,

Yes this is possible in version 5.4, and basically the only difference is that you need to update the schema configuration to allow access from other schemas, and then set the object attribute type to point to the correct object type from this schema.

The can be enabled like in the following screen shot
Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 14.06.31.png

For more information on how to configure the import, take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/import-and-synchronization/general-import-concepts

And there is a section there specific for object references at Import Attribute /Object Mapping (IQL).

If you feel like this answered your question, please mark it as accepted :)

Cheers!
Alexander

Thank you, Alexander, for your answer.

I will try it out and mark the answer as accepted if it works. (Or come back with more questions if it doesn't.)

Cheers,

Regula

Alexander,

This is the relevant part of my object type mapping:

attributeMapping-example.png

However, when I synchronise, the objects of the other scheme are not added as an Attribute to the objects of this scheme.

Both schemes are configured to let others select their objects.

I can add them manually, but that's not the point.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Regula

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2018

Hi Regula,

I am sorry for missleading you. After looking closer at this, it does indeed turn our that it's not yet possible to import object references from another schema.

We have an feature request for this however at https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-739

Follow that for updates on when the feature is released.

Cheers!
Alexander

Regula Sutter March 26, 2018

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your reply.

Where is this feature on Riada's ToDo-List? Do you have a broad idea when/if this feature will be implemented?

Best,

Regula

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2018

I think the plan is to have this feature implemented in the near future during this spring, but I can't promise.

Cheers!
Alexander

brainbits GmbH November 21, 2019

Hi Alexander,

i saw that the feature is marked as resolved. But how should the IQL formed to link to the attribute within another scheme?

Best regards

Patrick

0 votes

this was meant as a response, not as a new solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events