cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight - IQL Object Mapping only pulling label

Brittany McEachern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2023

I am importing a CSV and using IQL to do the mapping.  

I have references to a different schema.  According to some of the videos I have watched, I should be able reference different things in the schema, and have more than just the label show up.  

Here is my test: 

Org-Testing1.PNG

Testing1.PNGOrg-Testing2.PNG

Import:

Import.PNG

Result: 

Testing2.PNG

CSV: 

Key,Name,Created,Updated,State,City
ITQC-39963,Ana,2023-02-06 9:58 AM,2023-02-06 9:58 AM,Colorado,Denver
ITQC-39962,Elsa,2023-02-06 9:57 AM,2023-02-06 9:57 AM,Arizona,Phoenix
ITQC-39964,Sven,2023-02-06 9:58 AM,2023-02-06 9:58 AM,Nevada,Las Vegas

What am I doing wrong?  I am wanting the Result to look the the Original in the State and City output, instead of just showing the label.  

2 answers

0 votes
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2023

Hi Brittany,

I have the exact same thing in my asset system and it took me a while to get my head around it so don't stress that you aren't getting it.

Depending on how your State and City Schemas are setup I presume your label in those schemas is also Name, your Object mapping IQL should look like this instead:

Name = ${State}

Name = ${City}

I would also recommend, before you setup your IQL and click Import Data, just go back and check on the attributes that its still set to Object and Schema name as I see in your third screenshot its gone back to Default Text. I had this problem too when I first linked up the CSV.

Cheers,

Suzi

0 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

Hi!

Not sure what you're trying to do here but it seems like you want to duplicate the State and City to your imported object, right?

When linking an object, in the main object the linked is shown as the label. On the Testing objecttype you would have to put:

• Name (is already there)
  • Location => Linked to an Orig - Testing object which then contains a State and City object.

What you ar trying to do actually removes the need for a linked object, since you are trying to duplicate the content of that object to the imported object.

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

Hi @Brittany McEachern ,

Forgot to mention: In Assets you can create a sample Object Schema. This might also be useful to get a feel with how you use, setup ... Referenced objects

Good luck!

Regards,

Jeroen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events