Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight/Assets - Reference another object type during import based on multiple attributes

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hey,

I'm working on a use case and can't seem to find if it's possible without adding some "helper" attributes.

I currently have in my object schema an object with a reference to another object

e.g. Laptop -> CPU

Now I can map the attribute during import by using an AQL "Name" = ${CPU} (where the attribute ${CPU} contains the name of the CPU type.

What I'm trying tho is to have a filter on more than one of the attributes in the target table.

e.g. my CPU's exist multiple times but with a different number of cores

So I want to set the reference immediately in the import but use something like "Name" =  ${CPU} AND "Cores" = ${CPUCores}

In the Data locator I then put both source values, doesn't error but also nothing happens.

Does anyone have an example of such a use-case or can point me to some documentation that explains it more?

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hey there,

That should be no problem. I am using something similar within my automation to fetch data from our Object Schema

Using the Lookup object component, I am fetching an object with this query

objectType = Employees and "Jira User" = {{reporter}}

Is that what you are looking for? Are you running into another problem?
If you are using an automation, it can help to print the query result to the log so you can see what is happening and where things might go wrong. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events