Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming comment emails not added to issue

Phil Wade September 11, 2018

Some incoming comment emails are not applied to issues. This started recently, perhaps after installing version 7.12.1.  The examples I know of do have a valid code in the subject.

New issues are made from in coming emails. Emails are sent out mostly, but sometimes I see emails in Email Error Queue.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hi Phil, 

This is unusual, it sounds similar to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-486 but this should be covered by the Service Desk incoming mail functionality. 

What can cause intermittent issues is if the mail handler is set in two different places in Jira.  Can you make sure that this email account is not also located under Incoming mail?

Was there anything logged under the processing log for the email address under: Administration > Applications > Email requests 

Cheers, 

Keri

Phil Wade February 1, 2019

After my last post I noticed that the mail handler was set in two different places in Jira - JSD and JS.  I think that was the problem, and I am watching how it goes.

0 votes
Lukas from Swarmit September 21, 2020

Also, check that all Automation Rules are correct. In my case, a transition rule was broken and the comment was not added, therefore. 

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

Hi Phil, 

Can you take a look at the processing log for the email address under: Administration > Applications > Email requests 

Does this show any of the replies that you would have expected to be included?

Jira also would look at the sharing settings under: Project Settings > Customer Permissions Please see Managing access to your Service Desk for more details.

If the user who emails doesn't have a customer account, or the sharing settings are set not to share, then a comment wouldn't be added. If a customer has emailed back using a different email account, then Jira wouldn't recognize them as a participant on the ticket. 

Let us know if you can see any entries in the processing log and whether the settings are configured to allow others to reply and we can provide some further suggestions. 

Cheers,
Keri

Phil Wade January 30, 2019

I have not resolved this issue, it is so random.  A user successfully emails a comment, then 5 min later their next email fails.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 31 January 2019 1:53 PM
To: Phil Wade <Phil.Wade@company.com>
Subject: [company Jira] EMAIL HANDLER: Error handling: 'RE: SUP-323 Soil component desc table primary soil'

This is an automated email from the issue creation service at "https://support.company.com".

An error was encountered whilst handling messages from the mail server "support@company.com" using the handler "class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.CreateOrCommentHandler".

The error was:

------------------------

"User 'customer name' does not have permission to comment on an issue in project '10004'.

"

------------------------

The error and the email that caused the error are attached to this email.

If this is a recurring problem, you may wish to contact a system administrator to check the parameters of your mail fetching service:

--

This message was sent by Atlassian Jira

(v${build.version}#${build.currentBuildNumber})

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events