Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including Component Lead in Issue filter

Shannon December 3, 2019

We would like to be able to include the component lead in our issue filters. We have 6 Service Leads (product managers) who need to be able to see all issues related to their components (services). 

Can component lead be included in an Issue filter?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Hi Shannon,

I'm unclear why you cannot achieve your goal by simply using the Component itself. You could create a filter for each product manager based upon component. You could further associate these filters to a Dashboard for each PM.

There is not a field for component lead that could be leveraged w/in a JQL.

Shannon December 5, 2019

Thanks Jack. I wonder if there is an enhancement request for this that I can vote for or if I should submit one. 

We are able to use " componentsLeadByUser() " to filter results for a user so they only see issues for their components, but we end up losing the value of cross functional engagement should someone be absent. They'd have to create an ad hoc filter to include componentsLeadByUser() naming the absent lead in order to see their issues. 

Rob Wickham April 1, 2021

I recently ran into this limitation, and opened a suggestion you can vote for (please do, since I REALLY want this improvement to see traction).

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-11168

Lexi Pike November 18, 2021

Thanks. I also find this annoying. As there are many components per lead and it's annoying to list all components in JQL - would be so useful to add component lead into a quick filter.

0 votes
Valerie Scibetta February 8, 2023

@Carmen Valdés Téllez 

Thanks a lot for the tip! It works fine and suits with what I needed!

Best,

Valerie

0 votes
Carmen Valdés Téllez January 21, 2022

You can use the function componentSleadByUser (), for example something like this project = PROJECT AND component in componentsLeadByUser(),  With this the fiter shows your issues assigned for you as component lead, if you want to see from an specific one, you hace to put the user in the beckets: project = PROJECT AND component in componentsLeadByUser(USER). I hope it helps

Rob Wickham January 21, 2022

I just tested this, and the case of a specific user is difficult because you need to use the username of the user and that's not easy to find (IMO) except by trial and error.

Regardless, I'm not sure why this seems to be working now but not when these tickets were opened. I am now able to create a Quick Filter for "My Components" that shows the current user all "their" issues based on component ownership.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events