Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the new view when doing a transition and want to attach a file, I am missing the attach icon

Jaap van Driel May 5, 2021

In the old view when entering a comment via transition I had the option to insert an attachment.

This function does not exist anymore, I had reported this.

The answer was there was a new icon, that I could use to browse my disk and thus include attachments.

However this option is only available when entering comment via typing "m" anywhere in the screen. Via the transition this icon is not visible.image.png

How to get his in the transition comment as well?

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Jaap van Driel -

In JSM, have you tried to associate a custom screen (including the attachments field) with your WF transitions?  By doing this type of customization, when agents move the issue from one WF status to another status, the pop-up screen will be displayed to facilitate the adding attachments operation.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

LuisPinto May 17, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin I tried your solution and I can add attachments, but they are not available to the customer along with the comment.Screenshot_01.pngScreenshot_02.png

Like zendeskbyheather likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

@LuisPinto -

Hi Luis:

You will need to reference the attachment in your comment.  From your screenshot, you only just attached a file to the case and didn't embed (referenced) the attachment.  Thus, customer will not see it via the portal.

Best, Joseph

Like LuisPinto likes this
Dimitrios Moschovitis April 27, 2023

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin,

What do you mean by embedding the attachment?

Is there any way to make a file attached via an agent transition screen available to the customer portal?

Like George Fanourakis likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events