Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT service management unavailable to setup

Rodney Russell February 4, 2021

Hi Team, I'd like to setup the new ITSM template on our Jira cloud but I do not have the IT service management template available. As a test I setup a Jira cloud account with my own personal account and was able to select the ITSM template.

We currently have an IT service project which runs our service desk, if we can setup ITSM is it possible to migrate?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Russell February 8, 2021

Hi All

I've managed to add it.

• I went into the existing project and went into Service Project settings
  • From here, I went into Advanced. This only appeared randomly but if I changed the URL from "settings/details" to "settings/advanced" then the Advanced menu appeared
  • I then clicked Create new classic project
  • Left some feedback why I'm making a classic project
  • I now have access to IT service management under the Service project heading in templates

Once I did that, I've found I also have the same dropdowns the /projects homepage which I didn't before.

Hope this helps someone.

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

ah ha! so yes your instance was a nextgen only instance! That's what I thought. 

Great !

Let me know how you go with the ITSM template :) 

Liron

0 votes
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2021

Hi Rodney,

In your first screenshot, where there's only 'Business' project types, that means you don't have JSM on that instance.

Hope this helps,

Liron

Rodney Russell February 7, 2021

Hi Liron

Thanks for that. How can we add JSM to our instance or is it coming automatically?

Liron
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2021

No, you would need to add it. It looks like you only have Jira Core on your instance.

Please go to Site Administration, and look for the menu item on the left hand side nav titled 'Discover applications'. Then choose Jira Service Management and add it from there. 

Let me know if this helps?

Liron

Hi Liron

Thanks for your help so far. Still no luck. Apparently we already have Jira Service Management. Just incase, I removed "Jira Core" from our instance.

image.png

Liron
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2021

Could you click on the app switcher at the top left and click on Jira Service Management? Then try to create  a new Jira Service Management project?

Liron

Hi Liron

Can confirm it says Jira Service Management in the app switcher. I've clicked on it and gone to create a project (classic project) and still no option exists sorry.

The template group of "Service Project" does not exist.

Liron
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2021

That is strange, are you sure those are not next gen projects only ? and that you are indeed the site admin right?

Perhaps a ticket with support to solve this one. Totally strange.

Rodney Russell February 9, 2021

Hi Liron

I managed to solve it. Please see my accepted answer on this post (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Re-IT-service-management-unavailable-to-setup/qaq-p/1606160/comment-id/71411#M71411).

Thankyou for all your help though :) - Much appreciated.

0 votes
Liron
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2021

Hi Rodney, 

The ITSM Template should be available for all JSM customers. It is a classic template only though, so is it possible you are checking next gen templates and that is why you are missing this?

As to your second question, we are going to be releasing abilities to enable ITSM new features in the existing (older) IT service project in the coming weeks, so yes this will be available too.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go about finding the new one!

Liron

Rodney Russell February 4, 2021

Hi Liron

Thanks for the prompt reply. Promising news :)

I did check both the next-gen and classic templates but no luck sorry (I had noticed ITSM was under classic on my personal account). When I'm on the screen to add a new template, I only have the dropdown of "Business"...

image.png

...while the account I made using my personal email "Service Project" which has ITSM listed under there...

image.png

Foo Guan Sim - ServiceRocket February 5, 2021

Hey @Rodney Russell 

This usually only occurs if JSM is not subscribed on this particular environment. Do check your Subscriptions via Settings >> Billing >> Managed Subscriptions and verify that JSM is indeed, subscribed. If you are not the site admin, please check whether you have been given the JSM product access, and you are also given the permission to create JSM projects.  

Thanks and Regards,
Foogie

Rodney Russell February 5, 2021

Hi @Foo Guan Sim - ServiceRocket 

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have a subscription to JSM. I can confirm I am the only admin user. I signed up with my account :)

jsm-sub.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events