IT next gen project : best way to send NEW TICKET email to support box

eric.liangoridis December 3, 2020

Hello i am also curious on the way people send a "new ticket" mail to support mail box when an issue is created on IT next gen process. 

From what i see a mail is sent to the contact that create issue but as all others fields are empty like assignee / watcher no one will get a mail.

I see in settings the "new request" mais but as stated before all values are empty  and more i dont see any "mailbox group" 

One way we will test but have drawback is to add a "fake user" with email = support mailbox and choose it as "Project Lead" + "Default assignee" in the "project" settings main page, so we hope a mail will be sent to default assignee then to support box.

One of the issue is that it will "cost" 1 agent just for a missing feature.

Other way would be "automation" needing time to create a valid mail template...

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

I suggest you start w/ this series of articles - how-do-customers-send-requests-by-email 

hello thanks but this is not what i am looking for :

- Customers use ONLY web portal to create requests (next gen)

- they receive an email about new ticket

- we (as support) dont see any main ongoing untill the edit / update tickets

what we want is a way to receive an email in support box "a new ticket was created use this link ..."

but we dont want at all customer to use emails to raise requests

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

ah thanks for the additional info. Disclaimer - I don't use NG JSM projects so take my input w/ that in mind. 

A good while back I was engaged in a post about not receiving emails on Create which sort of blew me away TBH but as I recall that was indeed the case "at that time". I have no idea if that is still the case or not TBH but in the event that is the case I would suggest you consider using Automation to achieve your goal.

trigger - issue created

conditions - as desired if any

action - send email to your agents

ok tanks we will go in that way then and let know here if it's difficult with template for mails as it seems to be the only thing not obvious

Jack seems i could not easily add a "ticket link" to the mail sent maybe you have a quick sample as i could not find one valid ?

tried 

<a href="$baseUrl/browse/<% out << issue.key %>">$issue</a> 

nothing show up. but i get the email, and the header is ok

So it was one of the drawback of this way to do it :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events