I would like to send the latest comment of an issue as an email using JIRA Automation

IT Department March 23, 2021

Hello, 

I would like to send the latest comment of an issue as an email using the regular JIRA Automation. I can set up the when, if and then part, but in the Send Email action I see no way how I could add the latest comment.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @IT Department 

Please try this.

{{issue.comments.last}} 

Best regards 

IT Department March 24, 2021

Hi, 

Thank you for the suggestion, but JIRA reponds with: 

You can't use ${issue.comments.last} with this rule. Check the variable dropdown menu for a list of variables you can use with this rule.

ITOps2 April 29, 2022

Worked fine for me set like this in the Contect section:

{{comment.author.displayName}} at {{comment.updated.shortTime}} : "{{issue.comments.last}}"

0 votes
Valor Poland July 6, 2023

If you don't find the smart field in the notification engine that you're looking for, create an automation with the appropriate trigger & condition filter then add the Send Email action.

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 12.17.51 AM.png

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Not sure about the core automation, but out app, Notification Assistant for Jira makes it easy to create notifications and templates that include the last comment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events