I want to forward emails sent to me on to service desk but use the original sender as the customer

Andy Young March 19, 2019

Hi, I have Service Desk set up on Cloud but I am brand new to Jira so still learning.

I want to be able to forward emails that internal customers have sent to me on to our service desk email so to set up the issue but I want it to use the original senders email as the customer. At the moment it uses my email as the customer so I keep setting tickets up for myself!

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Hi Andy,

Our agents forward the email to the service desk and then they go into the issue and edit the reporter, the request type.  And then they make a comment which then links in the reporter to the request.

Hope that helps

Susan

Andy Young March 19, 2019

Thank you Susan, 

That is how I have been doing it so far but having used another product in the past that did pick up on the original sender so I was hoping there was a clever way to make the change on Jira? 

If nothing comes up I will go with your suggestion, at least until all of our internal customers know to email our Jira address directly.

Thanks again

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

That's the only way I know of currently.  Maybe someone else will have a better idea.  We do reward the users that directly raise the issue with a higher priority.

:-)

Like Andy Young likes this
William Spooner September 2, 2020

Variants on this feature seems to have been suggested a few times in the past, including an "official" feature request (for Jira Cloud) that was closed as "Won't do" back in 2015 (@Angélica Luz: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-43468

It is also closely related to this current feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7859

Improved handling of forwarded emails seems to be a really sensible feature; for Jira Service Desk in particular - perhaps a new feature request could be raised? I'm not sure how to go about that...

Like Mohammed Sabir Iqbal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events