Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to build a custom report with Created vs Open Issues vs Closed Issues can someone please help

Pradyumna Mohanty
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2020

I want to build a custom report with Created vs Open Issues vs Closed Issues can someone please help. 

I am able to create the report for Created vs Closed Issues but I am unable to find a metric for Open Issues.

I wanted a day / weekly report to show the trend of how we stand each day, but the custom report metrics only show Created and Done as options. I want to plot against To-Do category as well.

Can someone please help. 

2 answers

1 vote
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Pradyumna Mohanty 

I'm quite sure it's not possible to create a custom report natively in Jira.

If the standard reports aren't sufficient, you'll need to consider an app to create custom reports - such as:

1. EazyBI Reports and Charts
  2. Custom Charts for Jira Reports

Alternatively, you could look to relate Jira and Excel using this app, create reports and refresh when needed!

Ste

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2020

Hello Pradyumna 

You can try VisualScript for Jira.  It is a marketplace application, and we have a built-in report called "Ticket Activity" in the ITSM solution folder.

In that report you pick a timeframe (start and end date), and it shows you the number of Opened, Open and Resolved tickets.  You can filter the data by issue types etc as well.  There are about 35 other built-in reports as well for ITSM, charts, agile etc.  

You can also customize any built-in report in the admin side as needed to meet your requirements.

Best,

Evan - Product Manager of VisualScript

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events