Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I want to add all my customers in service management

Hello, 

I want to add all my customers in service management, how can i do this ?

My customers don't have an account in JIRA.

My goal is to give them access to the portal without having to create a new account because they already have an account on my site. 

If this isn't possible, is there an easy way to add user account in service management?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pankaj Jangid Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

Without having an account would be difficult. But certainly you may use some kind of SSO mechanism to map the users (customers+employees) from your service management portal to the users on your site.

For SSO, you may look for something like Atlassian Access. The steps would be:

1. Migrate your sites user to Atlassian Access and then,
  2. Point both, your site as well as your Jira Service Management portal, to Atlassian Access.

Thank you for answer.

I'm looking into Atlassian Access.

Maybe you know how to import user account into a csv file? is this simple?

Will an invitation email be sent to the user when i add a user account?

if you know, please explain for me.

Thank you so much.

Pankaj Jangid Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

Migrating any Atlassian product is easy. I would suggest that you move your Atlassian Jira Service Management to Access first. Just follow the guidelines here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/determine-your-user-migration-strategy-991930388.html

Once you migrate your Atlassian JSM to Access, start with your own site.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

@이유림

as for your last question - you can also manually bulk customers, please see here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-management-evaluator-resources/jira-service-management-bulk-add-customers

But this is not a real CSV-import - it is more of copying data over from a CSV into the according field. The invite will send an email to the customers - yes.

Like G subramanyam likes this

@Daniel Ebers 

Thank you for your help ^^

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

Customers don’t require an Atlassian account to create and view issues via the portal. They simply need to be added under the project > customers page. If the do have an Atlassian account already and are Listed as users under admin > user management you would still add them as customer under the desired project in the same way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

275 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you