I need an automation rule that automatically escalates the priority of an issue if it is within a c

Michael Gomes March 29, 2021

I need an automation rule that automatically escalates the priority of an issue if it is within a certain amount of time from the due date.

Critical - 1 day 

High - 3 days

Medium - 5 days

Low - 7 days

Very Low - 14 days 

For example: if an issue is created and its status is (very low), after 7 days of it being created, is it possible to create the automation that will escalate it and change the status to Low? 

Now I need this automation also to apply to the rest of the status.

Low to Medium - when it reaches 4 days and has 3 days left to breach SLA

Medium to High - when it reaches 3 days and has 2 days left to breach SLA

High to Critical - when it reaches 1 (24h) and has 2 days left to breach SLA

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi Michael,

certainly it is possible to achieve this. I would create a rule that is of type Scheduled trigger. It would run daily and using an If/Else condition block compare the created date to now() and take action if it meets the # of days. You might reference these articles about automating and working with dates:

Michael Gomes March 29, 2021

Thank you for your time.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Michael, sorry my response was not helpful. Can you share with the Community what you have so far? One thing you mentioned in the start of your question was referencing the due date but later you suggest the created date as the reference date. If you have a rule you have created that is falling short please share a screenshot here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events